Director of Business Development (Las Vegas)
Corporate Director of Business Development (Las Vegas, USA)
About the Role
What is a Business Development Director? Business Development Directors (BDDs) are key members of the go-to-market (GTM) team and should have a deep sense of market conditions. They are responsible for prospecting and building sales lead lists, then individually and personalized pitching to these prospects to build the company’s client list. In sales language, they help move people from the top of the sales funnel to the goal of being a signed customer. The business development role uses many business skills, including strategic planning, project management, and successful negotiation.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and results-oriented Corporate Business Development Director with a background in interior solutions for the hospitality industry (restaurant and hotel chains) who is passionate about sustainability to join our dynamic, fast-paced team. You will be working closely with our VP of Global Sales and Marketing and our Director of Growth & Franchise Partnership Development to rapidly grow ChopValue’s revenue and brand presence in Las Vegas USA by delivering value-added solutions to target customers.
You’re an individual who can play as part of a tight-knit and collaborative team. You’re self-motivated and can work independently to create and execute go-to-market strategies, prospect for and qualify new leads, and follow through on potential opportunities from start to finish to close deals in the business development cycle.
Your mission is to create ChopValue believers, not just customers, and play an important role in building a carbon-neutral future, one chopstick at a time.
About the Verticals
- Focus: Developing the market and providing Climate Positive Solutions to the Corporate Office & Hospitality industries in the Las Vegas region, USA.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing and understanding the segments and markets assigned to you.
- Working collaboratively with internal teams to create and implement go-to-market strategies and tactical plans designed to maximize revenue.
- Identifying key influencers and decision makers that guide public opinions, and build networks and relationships that will serve as a foundation for long-term success.
- Fully understand and be able to educate Marketing and Operations team members on the specific product and buying requirements of prospective clients.
- Identifying target customers and specific opportunities for custom solutions, and understanding customer’s needs, buying processes, and sales cycles.
- Engaging directly with decision-makers and influencers within target customers to identify opportunities, assess customer’s needs and problems, and present our solutions.
- Overseeing the entire business development and sales cycle processes for prospective customers, which will include lead-generation, prospecting, contacting and qualifying potential opportunities, as well as building and sending out decks and proposals, providing quotes, participating in negotiations, and ultimately closing deals.
- Inputting relevant information into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system as part of the process.
- Adhering to established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) guidelines.
- Daily update, weekly report of prospect data and sales results.
About the requirements: qualifications, skills, and experience that will put you over the top
- A passion for environmental sustainability and shared vision of a carbon-neutral future.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B business development and sales.
- Proven track record of hunting and prospecting to generate new business, and willing and able to get creative when necessary.
- Results-driven and able to develop goals and consistently meet or exceed targets, but not at the expense of your (or the company’s) values.
- Genuine, warm, and sincere approach to prospecting and networking, engaging with people as people, building long lasting relationships, not just acquiring new customers.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and influencing skills (you could sell a pen to anyone).
- Self-motivated and energetic with a high level of commitment (this isn’t the usual 9-to-5 J.O.B.).
- Excellent writing skills and have experience developing outreach templates catered to specific needs.
- Ability to work remotely and effective task and time management.
About the Compensation Package
For our Corporate Director of Business Development in Las Vegas, USA, we have designed a reward structure that recognizes your hard work and aligns with your contributions to our mission:
- Base Salary: A solid foundation to your earnings with a USD 75,000 annual base salary.
- Commission Structure: A lucrative 3 to 5% commission on all sales, with NO CAP! Your potential is unlimited, and your earnings can climb to USD 150,000 or higher with your dedication and results.
- Professional Development: Opportunities for continuous growth and learning, with tailored development plans and resources.
Please note that due to the volume of applicants we receive for a given position, you may not be contacted if you do not meet minimum eligibility requirements for this position.
Thanks for your interest in working for ChopValue. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, religious beliefs, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, record of offenses, marital status, family status, or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation.
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 30 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed Microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future. To learn more, visit www.chopvalue.com