Community Builder (Greater Toronto Area - GTA)
We’re looking for someone to build a thriving community around in Greater Toronto Area (GTA). This role is about building relationships and being an ambassador for ChopValue’s mission in your community.
You understand what it means to organically and authentically grow a community. Your storytelling feeds into the passion you hold for all things sustainability - you can talk about the circular economy, climate action and chopsticks all day long and are energized by all forms of connections and networks you join or create.
The Community Builder role looks different in all communities that we operate in, however the commonality is that you are the individual that will onboard and manage our most valuable assets, our collection partner relationships, who are at the center of the ChopValue community. Leveraging these authentic connections, you will build a circular ecosystem of businesses and individuals who purchase ChopValue products; whether it’s local markets, a suite of tables for local restaurant chain, or a feature wall at the local mall - it’s your hustle that will make this ChopValue community thrive.
- Recruit, onboard and build relationships with local restaurants, chains and hospitality businesses into our collections program with the goal of also working with them after to implement our products and furniture.
- Manage these vital partner accounts and deliver exemplary customer service by actively troubleshooting collections-related inquiries.
- Work with the team to ensure pick-ups, drop-offs and logistics are completed efficiently.
- Create a buzz around ChopValue and its unique mission within your community.
- Create sales opportunities. Your approach will depend on your local market needs, but typically will involve the following initiatives:
- Targeting local retailers, value-aligned local brands, restaurants, local hotels, chains, and industry-specific developers/manufacturers.
- Community events: trade shows, pop-up events, industry networking events, working with governmental agencies and the City (goal: to spread awareness).
- Microfactory tours: to showcase our business and host guests, educate the public on our production process and promote brand awareness (and with the aim of closing sales).
- Brick and mortar sales: inviting guests to our showroom where we stage our products (build brand presence).
- Thought leadership: sharing the ChopValue story and our contribution to circulatory economy through different channels including podcasts, speaking engagements, and media interviews when necessary (e.g. magazine, TV).
KPIs: Specific KPIs and targets will be set alongside your direct manager but can involve the following:
- Community events: Map out community events for the year, outline which events make sense to participate in, identify resources needed to ensure we create the best brand experience/exposure and closing on product sales.
- Lead generation: Identify the customer profile, create a strategy on lead generation and action plan, specify the activity required to convert opportunities to achieve overall microfactory goals.
Microfactory tours: Develop a strategy to invite people for microfactory tours, determine the minimum weekly number of tours and set expectations with the team for the optimum microfactory experience.
These skills will put you over the top:
- Confident and friendly first impression with an optimistic demeanor is a must.
- Self-driven, persistent, performance-oriented with 2-3 years’ experience in outbound sales and achieving sales goals.
- Enthusiastic about our story, with fundamental understanding of brand experience.
- Experience in business development, public relations, brand management, community initiatives or event planning is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment and not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done - even when handling objections.
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable with driving.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset (Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and/or Japanese) but not a requirement.
- Educational or vocational backgrounds preferred.
- Motivation to make the circular economy and sustainability the norm.
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has repurposed over 100 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed Microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future. To learn more, visit www.chopvalue.com
Show us what you would like to contribute to ChopValue by providing relevant experiences in your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your submissions; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.