Industrial Engineer (Vancouver)
As the Industrial Engineer, you will play a key role in leading and building the team and structured processes responsible for the deployment and continuous improvement of ChopValue’s Microfactory distributed-manufacturing concept. You will be part of ChopValue’s corporate team, where we’ve pioneered an authentic manufacturing process that transforms un-utilized urban waste into beautiful and functional designs.
We have a diverse team of woodworkers, creatives and engineers, all who share the common traits of accountability, authenticity, community and focus. This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role building a team and the structured processes required to scale and continuously improve the deployment of ChopValue’s Microfactory concept on a global scale.
We are looking for a driven and big-thinking Industrial Engineer, with experience commercializing and scaling industrial processes. This opportunity is for an individual who wants to make a tangible, positive impact with their career and who will thrive in the uncertainty and opportunity of a high growth startup.
Team lead with expert leadership of our processes
- Ownership of production processes and facility design
- Ownership of quality control processes
- Ownership of Microfactory deployment and training processes
- Ownership of core equipment design and optimisation
- Team oversight
- Team strategy and talent development
Lead standardization of technical practices
- Standardize technical documentation structure
- Technical authority for document approvals
Manage core equipment supplier relationships
- Manage and maintain technical relationships with core equipment suppliers
- Manage optimization of core equipment technical and cost performance
- Manage factory and site acceptance testing
Manage franchise partner technical support
- Manage and lead facility planning (layout and technical requirements)
- Manage and lead technical training during and post setup.
- Manage and lead on-site technical training and facility set-up.
- Strategize and build support resources i.e. virtual training, troubleshooting guides, FAQ’s.
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Masters in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as an Industrial or Manufacturing Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in the wood processing industry
- 3+ years of team leadership experience
- Proficient with the use of tools and mechanical equipment
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma experience
- Proficient with computers; email, spreadsheets and word processing
- Modeling using Autocad, Inventor or Solidworks is considered an asset
The Ideal Applicant:
- Is motivated by the prospect of having a tangible global impact
- Is solution oriented and takes a proactive approach in foreseeing problems, and puts processes in place before they arise.
- Has experience standardizing processes and building technical teams.
- Has the skill to coach a team, recognize strengths and develop individuals. Encouraging a can do attitude and enforcing our biggest asset, our culture.
- Thrives in a fast pace, ambiguous environment.
- Is a fast learner who understands the challenges to expect in a startup environment.
- Has very strong technical skills and can lead through example.
- Is resourceful, and practical. Always finding a way to deliver on time.
Benefits of Joining:
- Market competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits after 6 month probation (Extended health and dental)
- Personal growth opportunity; scaling a team and technical resources to support growth.
- Being part of a driven team, who are making a positive impact on our planet.
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 30 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed Microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future. To learn more, visit www.chopvalue.com
How To Apply
Please send your resume, and contact information to email@example.com and reference the position and location to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.