The Production Lead will work in collaboration with the Product Manager to ensure that manufacturing orders are completed in a timely and efficient manner. This role would require leading the manufacturing of final products and includes overseeing the various substations involved in the process. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
General Production Planning
- Set daily production goals and track productivity of each station including the amount of chopsticks sorted into bins, the trays resinated, and tiles pressed.
- Maintain machinery and equipment as outlined in the internal SOPs
- Supervise the production team to work safely in accordance with WorkSafe BC and internal guidelines.
- Grasp a full awareness of all the ins and outs of production flow, including an updated knowledge of each manufacturing station
- Communicate and collaborate with other department leads to report metrics and capacity including headcount, inventory, materials and scheduling.
- Implement quality control, contingency plans, safety regulations and training program wherever necessary
- Ensure best shop practices are being met, including cleanliness, general tidiness, and organization of facility
Read the product schematics and drawings made by the Product Manager and translate this into daily tasks for the woodworking team.
- Plan out and assign daily tasks to the woodworking team to ensure that custom manufacturing orders are completed on time.
- Adapt and execute lean manufacturing methodologies with a focus on eliminating waste, improve process and boost operational excellence
- Supervise employee expectations in requirements like attendance, performance and competency
- Demonstrate key Leadership competencies by translating strategy into tactics and driving team performance and results
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with strong listening skills; actively participates to create and execute on team goals.
- Previous experience in startup, resource management or lean manufacturing is an asset
- Red seal certification or equivalent in Joinery/ cabinet making
- Minimum 5 years experience in Supervision in a Manufacturing/Production environment
Please include your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.