Production Lead (Liverpool)
We are ChopValue Liverpool and we are bringing the world's first circular economy franchise to the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, creating high-performance, sustainable designs made entirely from recycled chopsticks.
Already launched in North America and Asia, our Liverpool site will be the flagship manufacturing location for the UK, joining the likes of the Vancouver, Singapore and Las Vegas Microfactories that have already been successfully opened.
What We Do
We build a network of collection partners across the North-West, collecting chopsticks from restaurants and food outlet partners. Back at our microfactory, we use our proprietary manufacturing process to turn this current landfill waste item into beautifully crafted products for homes, offices and businesses.
For more information and a look at some of the products we have created please visit our website at www.chopvalue.co.uk
But this is just the start, we have plans to design and create so much more!
- coordinate and lead all manufacturing activities of our flagship Liverpool Microfactory site including overseeing and leading the production team
- lead the complete manufacturing process from raw, collected chopsticks, to final products
- ensure that orders are completed in a timely and efficient manner, and to the highest of standards
- ensure the smooth operation of all workstations involved in the manufacturing process
- make sure that the factory has all the necessary tools, equipment and components to function at its highest possible efficiency
N.B. We want this role to grow with us, firstly leading the Liverpool site to success but with the potential to support the complete UK operation in the future, overseeing multiple Microfactories. in a position of senior management.
General Production Planning
- Support the initial set up of the site and oversee machinery installations and set up
- Recruit the production team with the support of the Board of Directors
- With a tooling budget, source required hand tools and supporting equipment
- Set daily production goals and track the productivity of each station including the number of chopsticks sorted into bins, trays dipped in resin, and tiles pressed.
- Maintain machinery and equipment as outlined in the internal SOPs
- Supervise the production team to work safely in accordance with legal and internal guidelines.
- Grasp a full awareness of all the ins and outs of production flow, including an updated knowledge of each manufacturing station
- Communicate and collaborate with other department leads to report metrics and capacity including headcount, inventory, materials and scheduling.
- Implement quality control, contingency plans, safety regulations and training program wherever necessary
- Ensure best shop practices are being met, including cleanliness, general tidiness, and organization of facility
- Take a level of site ownership for the production facility alongside the General Manager.
- Translate the product schematics and drawings made by the Product Manager into daily tasks for the woodworking team based on both demand and capacity
- Plan out and assign daily tasks to the woodworking team to ensure that custom manufacturing orders are completed on time
- Adapt and execute lean manufacturing methodologies with a focus on eliminating waste, improving processes and boosting operational excellence
- Supervise employee expectations in requirements like attendance, performance and competency
Qualifications & Requirements
- Demonstrate key leadership competencies by translating strategy into tactics and driving team performance and results
- You will be an excellent people manager capable of developing, mentoring and coaching staff to ensure they have the skills and motivation to perform all duties to the highest of standards.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Qualification or equivalent demonstrated experience in fine woodworking/cabinet making/joinery
- Team player with strong listening skills; actively participates to create and execute on team goals.
- Experience in CNC machining and setting out is desirable
- Practical experience as a production/ joinery workshop manager, foreman, team leader or supervisor for at least 5 years
- Previous experience in start-up, resource management or lean manufacturing is an asset
Negotiable, based on experience
Full-time, starting with a 3-month probationary period
Training will be given on certain aspects of our process
Opportunity for advancement within the company
More About Us
ChopValue’s pioneering manufacturing process gives bamboo chopsticks a second life by transforming this urban waste item into beautiful, functional design products. Just as there is diversity in the types of chopsticks we collect, there is diversity in our design, production, and engineering teams. Our commonality lies in our authenticity, curiosity, and dedication to what we feel is a worthwhile endeavour, not just personally but also environmentally and socially. We are looking for enthusiastic people who share those qualities and can overcome whatever challenges they may encounter using reason, problem-solving skills, and teamwork. With the right people on our team, our impact can be massive!
At the end of Q1 2022, we have recycled nearly 60 million chopsticks and stored over 81,000kg’s of carbon!
How to Get in Touch
If you would like to join a fun, progressive and positive workplace, please you’re your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.