Production Lead (Boston)
The Production Lead is a critical partner to the Founder and will have full responsibility for ensuring that manufacturing orders are completed in a timely and efficient manner. This person will be a collaborative team leader with direct responsibility for a small, growing team of Production Assistants. The successful candidate will be a strong operations leader and experienced woodworker, able to manage multiple workstreams, forsee issues, creatively solve problems, and manage others to consistently meet production and quality targets.
General Production Planning
- Demonstrate full awareness of the ins/outs of production flow, including deep knowledge of each manufacturing station
- Set daily production goals; track productivity of each station (e.g. volume of chopsticks sorted, trays resinated, tiles pressed)
- Maintain machinery and equipment as outlined in the SOPs
- Ensure safety of all operations in accordance with OSHA and internal guidelines
- Report daily metrics including headcount, inventory, materials, scheduling
- Implement quality control, contingencies, safety measures, training as needed
- Ensure best shop practices are being met, including cleanliness and organization
- Create product schematics and drawings for custom projects
- Plan and assign daily tasks to ensure that custom orders are completed on time
- Adapt and execute lean manufacturing methodologies with a focus on eliminating waste; improve process and boost operational excellence
- Supervise employee expectations in requirements like attendance, performance and competency
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in manufacturing/production environment
- Minimum 5 years experience as a skilled woodworker
- Previous experience in startup, resource management, lean manufacturing a plus
- Experience translating strategy into tactics and driving team performance
- Collaborative and supportive leadership style with strong listening skills and demonstrated track record of coaching/mentoring of others
- Strong track record for attention to detail and data-driven decision-making
Chopvalue’s pioneering manufacturing process gives bamboo chopsticks a second life by transforming unutilized urban waste into beautiful, functional products. Just as there is diversity in the types of chopsticks we collect, there is diversity in our design, production, and engineering teams. Our commonality lies in our authenticity, curiosity, and dedication to what we feel is a worthwhile endeavor personally, environmentally, and socially. We are seeking enthusiastic people who share these qualities and can overcome challenges using reason, problem-solving skills, and teamwork. We might be small in size but, with the right people on our team, our impact can be massive.
Please include your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.