Senior Precision Woodworker (Vancouver)
As a Precision Woodworker, you play a key role in building, finishing and standardizing products made from our innovative material, which is locally processed and sourced from recycled chopsticks. You will be part of ChopValue’s Corporate team, where we’ve pioneered an authentic manufacturing process that transforms un-utilized urban waste into beautiful and functional designs.
This is a unique opportunity to use your experience and expertise to make a statement for our environment and local communities. Your skill set will be used to produce prototypes, custom solutions, and new product innovations that will be documented, for production across our global network of Microfactories, transforming waste into resources.
We have a diverse team of woodworkers, creatives, and engineers, all who share the common traits of accountability, authenticity, community, and focus. We are looking for a driven tradesperson, with leadership experience, who is a self-starter, who can embrace problem solving and the uncertainty that comes with a high growth startup.
Technical Lead for Precision Woodwork
- Lead process developments, with industry experience and a solution focused approach.
- Take ownership of the Microfactory, remanufacture process developments and standardization.
- Take ownership of the team, leading by example. Coaching/mentor apprentices and team members in best practices, leading our corporate team certification program.
- Lead finishing developments, to standardize practices and quality practices.
- Travel to our Franchise Partners, to train practices and processes.
Lead Prototyping and Custom Project Production
- Interpret engineering drawings and customer requirements. Lead the production of custom projects and one-off prototypes, with volume production in mind.
- Deliver projects on schedule, with exacting quality standards.
- Solution focused, resolving complex challenges in an autonomous manner.
- Continuous improvement of processes and techniques.
- Keep the shop clean, tidy and clutter free.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Has 5+ years of joinery, woodworking experience.
- Has completed a joinery Red Seal or equivalent.
- Has experience finishing.
- Has an appetite for personal growth and impact.
- Has experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is excellent at communicating.
Benefits of Joining:
- Comprehensive benefits after 6-month probation (Extended Health and Dental)
- On job training and a competitive salary ($20-35/hr based on experience)
- Opportunities for travel, through training our Franchise Partners
- Part of a close-knit team, making a positive impact on our planet
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 30 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed Microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future. To learn more, visit www.chopvalue.com
Position: Senior Precision Woodworker
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Personal protective equipment provided where required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
How To Apply
Please send your resume, and contact information to email@example.com and reference the position and location to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.