Precision Woodworker (Vancouver)
As a Manufacturing Woodworker, you play a key role in processing, building, and assembling products from our innovative material which is locally processed and sourced from recycled chopsticks. You will be part of ChopValue’s Vancouver headquarter, where we’ve pioneered an authentic manufacturing process that transforms un-utilized urban waste into beautiful and functional designs.
We have a diverse team of woodworkers, product designers and engineers, all share the common traits of accountability, authenticity, community, and focus. We want enthusiastic people that can embrace uncertainty and problem solve challenges.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials using woodshop tools including planer, sander, table saw, chop saw, and hand woodworking tools
- Achieve daily goals
- Look for ways to improve and streamline our process
- Keep the shop clean, tidy and clutter free
- Work with our team-leader and designers to understand client requirements
Your Skills and Experience:
- Has 1-2 years of joinery, woodworking, carpentry experience
- Able to handle repetitive tasks and work methodically
- Has exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Has a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Works well with a team, excellent at communicating
Benefits of Joining:
- Comprehensive benefits after 3-month probation (Extended Health and Dental)
- On job training and a competitive salary ($19 - $26/hr based on experience)
- Opportunities for travel to train our Franchise Partners through our Crew Certification training plan
- Opportunities for enrolment in apprenticeships
- On the job training
- A friendly, family-like progressive workplace
Other Job Details:
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $19.00-$26.00 per hour based on experience
- Remote Work: Not available
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 33 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed Microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future.
How To Apply
Please send your resume, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position and location to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.