Precision Woodworker / Carpenter / Joiner (Singapore)
As a Precision Woodworker, you play a key role in processing, building and assembling products from our innovative material which is locally processed and sourced from recycled chopsticks. You will be part of ChopValue’s Vancouver headquarters, where we’ve pioneered an authentic manufacturing process that transforms un-utilized urban waste into beautiful and functional designs.
Just like the diverse type of chopsticks we collect, we have a diverse team of woodworkers, product designers, and engineers who all share the common trait of authenticity, curiosity and grit. We want enthusiastic people that can embrace uncertainty and be a problem solver to challenges ahead. We might be small in size but we actualize our impact in a big way.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials using wood shop tools including planer, sander, table saw, chop saw, and hand woodworking tools
- Achieve daily goals specified by production management
- Look for ways to improve and streamline our process
- Carry out basic testing and quality checks
- Keep the shop clean, tidy and clutter free
- Work with our team-leader and designers to understand client requirements
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous joinery, woodworking, carpentry or manufacturing experience
- Willing and capable to stand on his/her feet all day
- Able to handle repetitive tasks and work methodically
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Owns a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Works well with a team, excellent at communicating
- Flexibility in working night shifts and/or weekends (on a consistent schedule)
Benefits of Joining:
- Comprehensive benefits after 3 month probation
- Competitive salary ($17.5 - $20/hr based on experience)
- On the job training
- Opportunity for advancement
- A friendly, family-like progressive workplace
Other Job Details
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
- Remote Work: Not available
Please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 33 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed Microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future.
How To Apply
Please send your resume, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position and location to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.