Manufacturing Engineer (Vancouver)
ChopValue Manufacturing Ltd. is the world’s first circular economy franchise that manufactures sustainable products made entirely from recycled chopsticks. We are a team of makers, designers and engineers who harvest our urban environment for the most under-utilized resources to create new value-added, innovative products. Our purpose is to redefine "waste" to "resource", one chopstick at a time.
We are looking for an energetic and proactive self-starter who is passionate and deeply curious about manufacturing and material science, to join our Vancouver Microfactory team. As the ChopValue Process Technician, you will work cross-functionally between our Microfactory operations and franchise partner development team. You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, effectively anticipate issues and develop solutions, and are flexible as you prioritize the needs of the business.
You believe passionately in sustainability and the circular economy, and your values align closely with our own core beliefs:
- Vision: We are purpose-driven, boldly inspiring through creativity and a commitment to redefining waste as / to resource, one chopstick at a time.
- Focus: We relentlessly pursue our vision with clarity, efficiency, and quality.
- Community: We create connections and collaborate locally and globally.
- Balance: We strive for a healthy balance between work and home.
- Accountability: We are reliable, and take responsibility for the outcome.
- Authenticity: We are sincere, approaching every situation with empathy and honesty.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Technical lead with expert understanding of Microfactory processes
- Production and remanufacture process ownership
- Material Science
- Manufacturing Documentation
- Equipment Design and Performance
- Training Processes
- Process Compliance
- Identifies, standardizes and communicates best practice
- Lead standardization of technical practices
- Maintain and develop technical documents (i.e. machine specifications, production procedures and product specifications.)
- Manages drives to ensure documentation is version controlled.
- Work with the MicroFactory Leads to actively ensure corporate locations set the standard for operational excellence.
- Manage core equipment supplier relationships
- Manage and maintain relationships with core equipment suppliers
- Works with suppliers to ensure equipment is prepared and certified on time.
- Manage and maintain supplier records.
- Lead site acceptance testing and troubleshooting of core equipment.
- Provide franchise partners with technical support:
- Advise on site selection and permitting requirements
- Lead facility planning (layout, guidance and machinery requirements)
- Equipment readiness, FAT and SAT testing.
- Virtual training on specific technical items.
- On-site technical training and facility set-up.
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer
- Proficient with the use of tools and mechanical equipment
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma experience
- Proficient with computers; email, spreadsheets and word processing
- Leadership experience an asset
- Modeling using Autocad, Inventor or Solidworks an asset
- Customer facing experience an asset
Benefits of Joining:
- Comprehensive health benefits plan
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Opportunity for advancement
- A friendly, diverse, and progressive workplace
Other Job Details
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Remote Work: Not available
- Travel: 20-30% Of time
Please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 49 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future.