Press Technician / Operator (Vancouver)
As a Press Technician, you play a vital role in transforming used chopsticks into an innovative material. In this role, you will be in charge of operating the press that turns chopsticks into raw tiles, as well as maintaining and troubleshooting this equipment.
Just like the diverse type of chopsticks we collect, we have a diverse team of woodworkers, product designers, and engineers who all share the common trait of authenticity, curiosity and grit. We want enthusiastic people that can embrace uncertainty and be a problem solver to challenges ahead. We might be small in size but we actualize our impact in a big way.
- Operate custom production press machine and achieve daily goals specified by production management
- Conduct quality inspections on chopstick tiles and implement quality control measures to ensure successful tile turnout
- Consulting the engineering team to resolve and diagnose issues
- Rotate through tasks of different production processes: chopstick sorting, material-resination and re-manufacturing station
- Identify opportunities for improvement and to streamline the process
- Flexible in changing from assigned tasks without diminishing the quality of the products
- Provides general support and assistance for a variety of activities performed in the manufacturing department as needed
- Keeping the shop clean, tidy and clutter free
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous manufacturing and/or carpentry experience
- Thrives from working independently as well as a good team player
- Able to lift and carry up to 50+ pounds occasionally and stand for long periods of time
- Able to handle repetitive tasks and work methodically
- Values good communication and can think analytically about problems
- Has exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Flexibility in working shifts and/or weekends (on a consistent schedule)
Benefits of Joining:
- Comprehensive benefits after 3 month probation
- Competitive salary ($17.5 - $20/hr based on experience)
- On the job training
- Opportunity for advancement
- A friendly, family-like progressive workplace
Other Job Details
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
- Remote Work: Not available
Please include your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.
ChopValue provides product and design solutions with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 33 million chopsticks. ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model. With a network of distributed Microfactories, ChopValue aims to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future.