ChopValue is searching for someone to represent our brand with the written word.
Words anchored in authenticity.
You love language and it's intricacies, while understanding how to extract maximum impact without overstating yourself.
This is a fine line to dance on, and that's why you're good at it.
What does ChopValue feel and sound like?
We are bold, educational, slightly audacious, yet always humble. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. However, we know exactly how we want to make people feel: Empowered. Unique. Inspired.
Is this person you? Prove it.
- 5+ years experience in a marketing and copywriting setting
- Industry experience preferred: B2B in restaurant/hospitality, architects, builders/developers, interior design, or B2C consumer goods in the sustainability space
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Creativity and personality in writing
- Collaborative in working with various teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- BS/BA in marketing, English, journalism, related field or equivalent experience
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. ads, blog posts, newsletters, sales enablement)
- Understanding the circular economy and why its important to our mission, alongside being able to educate the general public on all these subsequent topics. Including setting up google alerts for all relevant topics to assess and share as required.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on our products and programs.
- Write clear, attractive copy with our distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Clear and concise understanding of our brand voice and how that translates to different markets and channels
- Working with creative professionals to build marketing projects and campaigns
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Source images and other content (journals, research etc)
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
- Meeting with team leaders to discuss their requirements and core messages
- Familiarizing yourself with our standard products, target audiences and competitor activities in the market
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team
- Presenting initial ideas to the creative director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts
- Priting various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a story board (a consecutive series of frames depicting the script and drawings that may be used)
- Creation of evergreen content to drive traffic to our website for lead capture and conversions
Please include your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.