Community Builder (Toronto East)
You’re a people magnet. You’ve got an edge and understand what it means to organically and authentically grow a tribe. You engage and empower others to thrive. Your enticing storytelling feeds into the infectious passion you hold for all things sustainability - you can talk about chopsticks all day long and love your reusable coffee mug. You care about cultivating an impact for the community and are energized by all forms of connections and networks you join or create. Yes, you kind-hearted human, we want you!
This Role is known as a community builder and that is exactly what you will be doing. Building our community of restaurant partners, product evangelists and raving clients. You will be the day to day face of ChopValue Toronto East, working out of the city building partnerships, developing opportunities and saving the world.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
[Collection, Outreach & Metrics]
- Act as the brand ambassador and liaison to grow engagement with our community, our fans and most importantly, our partnering restaurants in the Toronto East territory
- Build visibility and value that empowers and incentivize restaurants to sign up for collection and share their collection experience with us
- Implement strategic and creative collection programs with our partnering restaurants while building a symbiotic relationship of trust and credibility.
- Converse and educate through emails, social platforms, shop tours and in-person outreach events, always in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- Grow a strong, loyal fan base that is able to convert restaurant partnerships into business referrals or extended services
- Recruit and onboard new restaurants, offices, or any event spaces into the recycling program, ensuring enrollment is implemented smoothly
- Strive for exemplary customer satisfaction and service by proactively troubleshooting any collection related inquiries
- Develop collection partner recycling guide and proposals, ensure that the most accurate and up-to-date collection numbers is presented
- Establish rapport with our restaurant partners in the Toronto area with frequent updates and communication
- Gather key metrics and collection data to generate quarterly sustainability reports for our largest partners
- Accountable for the collection driver, making sure their collection route is optimized, provided the appropriate supplies to fulfill their collection duties on time
- Plan and execute events like pop-up shops, conferences, school tours, and restaurant appreciation days with limited supervision
- Work with the Production Team to ensure collection pick-up and drop-off logistics is communicated clearly and provide improvements wherever needed
[Social Media Overview]
support only, in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Monitor our social media mentions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Maintain an up-to-date digital marketing / social media knowledge, with acute insights of the restaurant industry, competitors or potential partners in the local market
The qualifications, skills, and experience that will put you over the top:
- A confident and friendly first impression with a personable demeanor is a must
- Self-driven, persistent, and performance-oriented with experience in and not intimidated by door-to-door sales and exceeding sales goals
- Enthusiastic about our story, with fundamental understanding of our brand experience
- Previous experience with public relations, brand management, community initiatives or event planning is a plus
- Fluency in a second language is an asset (Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and/or Japanese)
- Owns a positive attitude and has the ability to handle rejection
- Has exceptional communication skills Has an understanding of distribution, logistics and program management in the food and beverage industry
- Works well both independently and within a team
- Has the motivation to make a circular economy and sustainability the norm
Please include your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.
ChopValue developed a unique micro factory concept where we recycle, engineer and transform chopsticks into beautiful, functional design products. Just like the diverse type of chopsticks we collect, we have a diverse team of woodworkers, product designers and engineers, all share the common traits of authenticity, curiosity and grit. We want enthusiastic people that can embrace uncertainty and be a problem solver to challenges ahead.