Business Development Manager (Singapore)
We are the world’s first circular economy franchise, designing and manufacturing products with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since our founding in 2016, our “urban harvesting” approach has saved over 77 million chopsticks from the landfill, turning them into beautiful and sustainable products for the home and office.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, we operate a global network of corporate and franchise Microfactories that source, manufacture, distribute, and employ within local communities. Our vision is to build a carbon-neutral future, one chopstick at a time.
We are proud to say we were recognized as a world top 5% certified B Corporation in 2020, 2021 (https://www.bcorporation.net/en-us/find-a-b-corp/company/chop-value-manufacturing-ltd).
[About the role]
What is a Business Development Manager? Business Development Managers (BDMs) are key members of the go-to-market (GTM) team and should have a deep sense of market conditions. They are responsible for prospecting and building sales lead lists, then individually and personalized pitching to these prospects to build the company’s client list. In sales language, they help move people from the top of the sales funnel to the goal of being a signed customer. The business development role uses many business skills, including strategic planning, project management, and successful negotiation.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and results-oriented Business Development Manager who is passionate about sustainability to join our dynamic, fast-paced team. You will be working closely with our VP of Global Sales and Marketing and our Director of Growth and Franchising to rapidly grow ChopValue’s revenue and brand presence in Singapore by delivering value-added solutions to target customers.
You’re an individual who can play as part of a tight-knit and collaborative team. You’re self-motivated and can work independently to create and execute go-to-market strategies, prospect for and qualify new leads, and follow through on potential opportunities from start to finish to close deals in the business development cycle.
Your mission is to create ChopValue believers, not just customers, and play an important role in building a carbon-neutral future, one chopstick at a time.
About the job: your specific responsibilities will include
- Analyzing and understanding the segments and markets we operate in (B2B: office, real estate, furniture, corporate gifting - retail/wholesale) with a strategy to outreach in each. Bonus if you have hospitality, retail, premium/sustainable furniture, manufacturing experience with an initial focus on the Singaporean market with an already established network.
Working collaboratively with internal teams to create and implement go-to-market strategies and tactical plans designed to maximize revenue.
Identifying target customers and specific opportunities for custom solutions, and understanding customer’s needs, buying processes, and sales cycles.
Engage directly with decision-makers and influencers within target customers to identify opportunities, assess customer’s needs and problems, and present our solutions.
Managing the entire business development & sales cycle for prospective customers, from lead-generation and prospecting, to contact and hand off to the account management team.
Identifying key influencers and decision makers that guide public opinions, and build networks and relationships that will serve as a foundation for long-term success.
Fully understand and be able to educate Marketing and Operations team members on the specific product and buying requirements of prospective clients.
- Daily update and report of prospect data and sales results.
About the requirements: qualifications, skills, and experience that will put you over the top
- A passion for environmental sustainability and shared vision of a carbon-neutral future.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in B2B business development and sales.
- Proven track record of hunting and prospecting to generate new business, and willing and able to get creative when necessary.
- Results-driven and able to develop goals and consistently meet or exceed targets, but not at the expense of your (or the company’s) values.
- Genuine, warm, and sincere approach to prospecting and networking, engaging with people as people, building long lasting relationships, not just acquiring new customers.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and influencing skills (you could sell a pen to anyone).
- Self-motivated and energetic with a high level of commitment (this isn’t the usual 9-to-5 J.O.B.).
- Excellent writing skills and have experience developing outreach templates catered to specific needs.
- Ability to work remotely and effective task and time management.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Please note that due to the volume of applicants we receive for a given position, you may not be contacted if you do not meet minimum eligibility requirements for this position.
Thanks for your interest in working for ChopValue. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, religious beliefs, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation.
Please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.