Business Development Associate (Vancouver)
We are the world’s first circular economy franchise, designing and manufacturing products with an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since our founding in 2016, our “urban harvesting” approach has saved over 80 million chopsticks from the landfill, turning them into beautiful and sustainable products for the home and office.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, we operate a global network of corporate and franchise Microfactories that source, manufacture, distribute, and employ within local communities. Our vision is to build a carbon-neutral future, one chopstick at a time.
We are proud to say we were recognized as a world top 5% certified B Corporation in 2020, 2021 (https://www.bcorporation.net/en-us/find-a-b-corp/company/chop-value-manufacturing-ltd).
To learn more about us please visit our website at www.chopvalue.com.
[About the role]
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Associate who is passionate about sustainability to join our fast-paced team. You will be working closely with our Strategic Partnerships Business Development Manager to rapidly grow ChopValue’s revenue and brand presence globally with an special focus in Canada by delivering value-added solutions to target customers.
About the job: your specific responsibilities will include
- Understand, reply and reach out to customers who actively engage with the company
- Process orders via email or phone
- Check data accuracy in orders and invoices
- Contact clients to obtain missing information or answer queries
- Liaise with the Logistics department to ensure timely deliveries
- Maintain and update sales and customer records
- Develop monthly sales reports
- Communicate important feedback from customers internally
- Stay up-to-date with new products and features
- Connect with leads, explore deeper, advise on solutions
- Maintain contact with existing clients to make sure they are satisfied and request referrals
Internal Sales process
- Use database, CRM/other processes to track progress with new prospects
- Report weekly sales objectives, goals and advancement opportunities
- Provide pricing and generate quotes for customers interested in making bulk oders
- Up sell additional products as need arises
About the requirements: qualifications, skills, and experience that will put you over the top
- You must be legally authorized to work in this country
- A passion for environmental sustainability and shared vision of a carbon-neutral future.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Proven work experience as a Sales administrator or Sales support agent
- Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of the business, manage customer accounts, and drive the business to achieve our goals
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team, and a willingness to assist wherever needed
Love this job and want to apply?
When submitting an application, please include your resume and cover letter to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.
Please note that due to the volume of applicants we receive for a given position, you may not be contacted if you do not meet minimum eligibility requirements for this position.
Thanks for your interest in working for ChopValue. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, religious beliefs, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation.
Please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5X 4N6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Sales: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V5X 4N6